Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the DC/DC Convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kencai

Hi,

I meet a DC/DC power design and its basic requirement is :input voltage=DC3.0v,Output voltage=DC5.0V,Iout_max≤250mA,isolated by transformer.
And could I use the ADP1621 as my dc/dc switch chip ?If could ,Could i take the flyback voltage from the transformer as my sampling voltage by the feedback circuit?

And thanks your any advice or other good option.
thanks again.

I would use the TL431 shunt regulator with an optocoupler for the feedback loop. The regulation is much better. Most SMPS control IC vendors have app notes covering this method. I am currently using such a method and with great results. The auxiliary winding off the transformer is not a bad way to sense voltage if the line and load regulation needed is not too tight. With winding feedback, 1 or 2 % line and 2 to 3 % load regulation can be expected. With the TL431/optocoupler approach, I get line and load regulation of around 0.2%. Just my thoughts. I don't know how precise your output needs to be, but the TL431 is the tighter of the two regarding regulation.

I would use the TL431 shunt regulator with an optocoupler for the feedback loop. The regulation is much better. Most SMPS control IC vendors have app notes covering this method. I am currently using such a method and with great results. The auxiliary winding off the transformer is not a bad way to sense voltage if the line and load regulation needed is not too tight. With winding feedback, 1 or 2 % line and 2 to 3 % load regulation can be expected. With the TL431/optocoupler approach, I get line and load regulation of around 0.2%. Just my thoughts. I don't know how precise your output needs to be, but the TL431 is the tighter of the two regarding regulation.
First,thanks for your advice.
My precise need is around 5% in my output.I had ever used mc33063 (Voltage Inverting Converter) as my transformer-isolated(AC4000V isolated) converters.And in the case,I directly detected the flyback voltage from the primary-side winding(no auxiliary winding) as the feedback sense voltage .But after the rectifier I added a LDO to help arriving 5% output precision.
But now ,I am finding a suitable chip to replace the MC33063 ,Because the MC33063's minimal input voltage is just 3V and I need to improve the efficiency. I don't know if I could use the ADP1621 to replace it,But I know little about the ADP1621 using as transformer-isolated converters.
And if no good idear,I would try to use the resistors dividing the output voltage with an optocoupler as the feedback loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back