Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Resolver Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hello to everyone,
I am working on a new project. I aim to control 3 phase servo motor in my project. The motor that I will use in my project is produced by Kuka and has a resolver on it. The detail of my project is as follows;
I want to control the motor I mentioned above with Infineon's IMC100 series controller chips. In this way, I want not to mess with a foc algorithm of other complex things. This controller has hall sensor input (digital / analog). In this way, it can determine the current position of the motor. I cannot directly connect the resolver encoder in the motor to these inputs. Instead, I think of some kind of circuit model that should convert the resolver signal to a 3-phase digital hall signal. I have no exact ideas on how to do this so I want to ask you.
How do I convert a resolver signal to a digital 3 phase hall sensor? Or is it necessary, how can I deal with this situation ?

Thanks.

My experience with resolver coupled direct drive motors is you can convert a resolver inputs into encoder counts but it takes a bit of hardware and software. So it's better to just convert to a real encoder on the shaft if possible. First you need to drive the resolver drive coil with the needed excitation frequency then read the sin/cos quadrature signals, decode that to a polar coordinate, translate that into ArcMinutes and then to absolute encoder counts or relative encoder counts with a index pulse. There are chips to handle the functions needed.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back