Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a quick question related to AT command syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtommer

hi.

Untitled picture.png

i am tryin out SMS control using a PIC. Attached is the communication results from Hyperterminal during the sending of an SMS via AT+CMGS.

What I anticipate to receive after +CMGS:0 are the bytes
<CR><LF><CR><LF>OK<CR><LF>

Hence, in my program code, I am anticipating the character 'K' followed by bytes 0x0D and 0x0A but my program seems to be stuck somewhere in the receiving of bytes. (This only happens during the CMGS response) Using a debugger, I realize that I do not even receive the 'K'.

Am I right in what to expect as the response? If it helps I'm using a Wavecom modem but I believe the syntax should be standardized across most modems.

hi eric

thanks for the much appreciated reply.

I have actually found out that it was a modem related issue and my code expecting the AT command syntax was correct.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back