Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A.M.F.a.T.S. System

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntnuarr

im a college students...
i have been assign to design and build a micro-controller based Automatic Main Failure and Transfer Switch system (A.M.F.A.T.S.).

The problem is im not quite good in programming a system. if there an expert... please help me as soon as possible, ok?

The AMF Control Panel is a specially designed panel for standby generators. It consists of a state of the art microcontroller based AMF controller for monitoring, indicating and controlling the Mains and Generator for AMF operation.
The AMF Control Panel can be operated in following modes:

• AUTO

In this mode the AMF controller takes command of the total system operation.

Sequence of operation:

i.] At power ON, if Mains is healthy the Mains contactor is turned ON and load gets power from Mains.

ii]. If Mains is unhealthy, the controller starts the generator and transfers the load on the generator.

iii.] If the Mains recovers, the controller switches the load back onto Mains and shuts down the generator after cooling time.

iv.] In case there is a fault in the generator while running, the AMF controller takes action by indicating necessary alarms and/or tripping the generator depending on the fault.

• MANUAL
In this mode the starting / stopping of the generator and load ON/OFF can be done manually from the AMF controller. In this mode if any fault occurs in the generator while running the AMF controller takes necessary action by indicating alarms and/or tripping the generator.

• TEST
This mode is used to check the health of the generator. In TEST mode the generator is started and kept ON for a fixed duration. During this period the AMF controller checks for any faults in the generator. If any fault is sensed the controller displays the same. If the generator is found healthy GENSET OK is indicated on the display.

• BYPASS
In BYPASS mode the AMF controller acts just as an indicating instrument. The system is operated from the external switches provided on the Control Panel. No action is taken by the AMF controller in case of faults in this mode.

• HOLD
INDICATIONS ON LCD DISPLAY

The LCD display of AMF Controller indicates following parameters in scrolling mode:

i.) Phase Voltage
ii.) Phase Current
iii) Frequency
iv) Power Factor
v.) KVA
vi.) KW
LED INDICATIONS ON AMF CONTROLLER

Under/Over Limit
¢ HV - High Voltage
¢ LV - Low Voltage
¢ HF - High Frequency
¢ LF - Low Frequency
¢ O LOAD - Over Load
¢ HI OP - High Lub. Oil Pressure
¢ HI OT - High Oil temperature

Fault Indications
¢ LOP - Low Lub. Oil Pressure
¢ HWT - High Water Temperature
¢ HI RT - High Room temperature
¢ V LO FUEL - Very Low Fuel
¢ LO FUEL - Low Fuel
¢ V BELT - V Belt Failure
¢ E. STOP - Emergency Stop

Status LED Indications
¢ M FAIL - Mains Fail
¢ DG FAIL - Genset Fail
¢ STRT FAIL - Start Fail
¢ STOP FAIL - Stop Fail (For energized to stop type solenoid)
¢ FREE RUN - Genset on No Load
¢ LOAD RUN - Genset on Load
¢ LOW BAT - Low Battery
¢ CHRG FAIL - Charger Fail
¢ PSW - Pressure Switch
¢ HOLD - Hold mode
¢ AUTO - Auto mode
¢ MAN - Manual mode
¢ TEST - Test mode
¢ HOLD
¢ BYPASS - Bypass mode
¢ MAINS - Mains available
¢ DG - Genset ON

Operating keys on AMF Controller
¢ TRIP CLR - Operated after the Genset fault is cleared
¢ HTR ACK - Acknowledges the Genset fault and clears the hooter
¢ START - Starts the Genset in Manual mode
¢ STOP - Stops the Genset in Manual mode
¢ DG LOAD - Turns ON the Genset contactor in Manual mode
¢ M LOAD - Turns ON the Mains contactor in Manual mode
¢ LOAD OFF - Turns OFF the supply to Load by turning OFF the Mains/Genset contactor

Parameter setting keys
¢ UP
¢ DN
¢ MODE
¢ ENT

I though the purpose of a college project was to learn how to do it yourself. If you already knew how to do it, there wouldn't be much purpose in the assignment. What will you do when you get your first job task to design a micro-controller system?

But I suppose learning how to get someone else to do your work is also a useful ability. Are you planning on getting an MBA?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back