Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89s51 usb porgrammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

diyora

Hello Sir,
I work on one project in which i control stepper motor through PC.I done it through pc parallel port. Now i want to use Microcontroller 89s51.
For this i use microcontroller progrmmer through pc parallel port & i want to communicate it through USB to serial cable.I get this cable & it work properly.
Now for controller i used keil language.I want to enter speed of motor,keyevent from keyboard & enter angle for stepper motor ,for both motor.My doubt , Is it possible this many (input) things done in keil C ?

Thank you.

diyora said:
Hello Sir,
I work on one project in which i control stepper motor through PC.I done it through pc parallel port. Now i want to use Microcontroller 89s51.
For this i use microcontroller progrmmer through pc parallel port & i want to communicate it through USB to serial cable.I get this cable & it work properly.
Now for controller i used keil language.I want to enter speed of motor,keyevent from keyboard & enter angle for stepper motor ,for both motor.My doubt , Is it possible this many (input) things done in keil C ?

Thank you.
Google for
1. asim khan programmer at www.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/IspPgm30a/ISP-Pgm30a.html
2. try ponyprog at www.lancos.com/prog.html

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:

hello sir,

i have used the first one link and made the programmer kit
but iam facing some problem to load the hex file.

it is showing two errors
1. device signature did not match? do you want to continue...??
if i'll press yes then new error will come "no response from the MCU..."

sir can you help me to resolve it...?

Ensure that the cable between the PC and the programmer is minimum below 50cm approx.there must be a provision for speed of programming. set it at 1/16th or less of the crystal used.
follow normal precautions like minimum cable length from PC and proper decoupling between Vcc and Vss pins.
I shall come up with more comments shortly
Manwhile try another chip so that we may not comment our observations by programming a single chip

mvs sarma said:
Ensure that the cable between the PC and the programmer is minimum below 50cm approx.there must be a provision for speed of programming. set it at 1/16th or less of the crystal used.
follow normal precautions like minimum cable length from PC and proper decoupling between Vcc and Vss pins.
I shall come up with more comments shortly
Manwhile try another chip so that we may not comment our observations by programming a single chip

yes my cable is less than 50cm.
i am using 12MHz Crystal
i am sending you my circuit please check it and
please let me know what should be the problem.

Attachments

• ISP_PGM_SCH.gif
    ISP_PGM_SCH.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,650
Try to put a 0.1:mu:F ceramic disc cap between pins 20 and 40, (location of C4).
Reduce the crystal to 4MHz -for the purpose of programming as shown in SPI programming example in Asimkahn description. with these changes i feel you must be able to overcome.

Logically the Processor should have a high frequency by pass on its Vdd and Vss pins and not an electrolytic alone. this ceramic should be with minimum lead length and not thrown away from the chip.

can you please tell me what will be the difference if i'll use 12MHz Crystal instead of 4MHz...?

because in some programmer cum development kit they are using 12MHz crystal and in some programmer only 4MHz crystal is used and that also without any change in functionality or output result....

Last edited:
Fairly obviously if you use a crystal three times as fast, the program runs three times as fast - so absolutely everything that's speed dependent needs changing if you change the crystal.

thank you Nigel Goodwin.

if programming speed is increasing then its good for us.
but apart from the speed, will it make any difference in Programming??
ya i know we have to change the delay loop but except that any other...??

Last edited:
I did not find the adjustment in delay loop in this software. i was useing one isp from www.ikalogic.com/isp.php
there at the bottom there is a link for software driver also. it has facility for adjusting for the type of cystal used by the customer. you may try that also.
you may set it to the fastest mode position and it would automatically adjust for any crystal used, as per the site owner.

HiteshDR said:
thank you Nigel Goodwin.

if programming speed is increasing then its good for us.
but apart from the speed, will it make any difference in Programming??
ya i know we have to change the delay loop but except that any other...??

Everything that is speed dependent needs changing, it may just be delay loops, but it could be timer settings, UART settings, sampling times for A2D, lots of things.

mvs sarma said:
I did not find the adjustment in delay loop in this software. i was useing one isp from www.ikalogic.com/isp.php
there at the bottom there is a link for software driver also. it has facility for adjusting for the type of cystal used by the customer. you may try that also.
you may set it to the fastest mode position and it would automatically adjust for any crystal used, as per the site owner.

no sir, i am talking about the speed of program loading.
and the delay loop is for our application that will be change..
hope so now its sounds clear..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back