Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74HC165 Signal Generator - Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

prprog

Can a 74HC165 clock with a square wave be used to generate other waves? if I select certain pins (on/off) can that be the base for a signal generator?

is the feasible?

Thanks,
PRPROG

is the feasible?

I don't think so.
What did you have in mind?

JimB

not very well. I mean, I've used them to generate specific patterns for interfacing with remote control circuits when a micro wouldn't be fast enough, but you'd still need a clock source and there are much better choices out there, even though it would give you a TTL (actually, HC) compatible output, but there are much better choices.

You can generate sine and triangle and probably others from a square wave, so long as you dont want to change the frequency, its a technique sometimes used when you want an accurate frequency as you can use a xtal as the source, its not seen much these days as the dds has become popular.

for interfacing with remote control circuits when a micro wouldn't be fast enough

What micros have you consider that would be not fast enough?

What is the period or frequrency of the signal you like to deal with?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back