Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-Segment Money LED Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

Ok, if anyone has seen my topics, they will know that I don't stick to a project. I like to get all of the figuring done, and then build it the one I have the most figured out. That's why I ask questions about all different projects. :lol:

So anyway, I need to build a 7-segment LED Counter. But it needs to count money. So, I need to have a button to add the following values of money (And of course, the cents and the dollars need to be separated by a decimal.): 1 cent, 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 1 dollar, and 10 dollars. Now those buttons need to add that much money to the LED Display. But, there needs to be another switch that reverses the count, so I can subtract money. I would also like to be able to turn it off, but have it still keep track of my money and display it when I turn it back on. And one more thing, it needs to be three digits, not including the cents, so, 5 digits. Can anyone help me and tell me where to start and how to go about it? Thanks. :)

Electric Rain

P.S. What do you guys think about my Screen Name? Sure, it doesn't make much sense, (Yet, I somehow found an avatar... :? ) but it sounds cool. :lol:

Best link I could find at short notice, a bit old but a good exercise in logic.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back