Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

640 x 200 LCD,

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua17ss2

i recently got a large lcd display, its 640 by 200, I havent got a clue on how to drive it, i have got micrcontrollers, basic stamp and im gettting a cubloc soon, i was wondering if anyone has code for these EG64E00BCWU. i can drive the LCD, the -19 volts for LCD drivings alittle complicated, can i just use a resistor to know down a 24 volt supply, and use it backworks so its negative ?
i would love to find some commented code thats easy to modify.
im semi fluient in basic,.
josh
thanks

I had just a short look on the datasheet and it seems to me maybe you'll need a more powerful microcontroller or FPGA. Depends what do you want to do with it.
I had a look some time ago at the nice LCD display that www.sparfun.com sells - the same as in the PSP but I did not buy one yet as I am lazy to develop an interface to connect it to a FPGA board (which I have). I am not sure BASIC is a good idea, perhaps Assember or C would be better.
Unfortunately I don't have your display so I cannot help you with coding, I am working just with 16x2 alphanumeric LCDs :)
Petr

Ive been working alot withthe 18F4550 series microcontrollers. i like them because of the nice easy USB interface, there should be more then enought power to run this i hope, might have to add on ram.
The whole coding for multiplexing always comfused me. isnt it more or less coding in bianary for the display.
i can always just hook it up find some code for a smaller pixel driven screen and try to expand it for the size i got

thanks josh

What sort of connectors does your GLCD have? I looked it up and the controller may or may not come with it. Can you post its datasheet?

FLM- display cycle start marker, CL1 display data latch, CL2 display data shift, M control signal for ac driving, VEE lcd driving power, VDD, VSS, VO operating voltage for LCD driving, D0-D3, display data

**broken link removed** This is the data sheet ive been reading thought, i think that i have read it correctly, im still learning how to properly read data sheets.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back