Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer astable/relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I have another question. I have a 555 timer wired up in astable mode conencted to an led. So when power is applied, the led flashes. I also have a relay wired up to latch, which is connected to a switch, bell and strobe.

It seems that I have mastered how to wire up circuits, but dont how to make them work with relays or somthing, you know what i mean.

I want to use the 555 timer in astable mode to drive the relay on and off.

I herd I can use transisters to do so, but im not sure how.

Heres what I want:

1. When I turn on the switch, the relay latches and also pulses on and off causing the bell connected to the Normally Open part of the relay, to ring on and off.

2. When i reset the switch, the alarm continues too go off until another button is pressed.

In summary, I want the relay to still latch, so it has to be manually reset, but i also want the relay to pulse, so anything connected to the NO (Normally Open) will be turned on and off (led blinking, bell ringing on and off etc...).

Any help such as a schematic as detailed as possible or just explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back