Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 Button Keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegsy

Hi All,

How can I implement a 4 button keypad for PIC16f627 to simulate Nigel Goodwin tutorial on 4x4 hex keypad.
Am trying my hands on the tutorial with a PIC kit I've got and it has just 4 buttons for input.

Thanks.

Hi All,

How can I implement a 4 button keypad for PIC16f627 to simulate Nigel Goodwin tutorial on 4x4 hex keypad.
Am trying my hands on the tutorial with a PIC kit I've got and it has just 4 buttons for input.

You don't, there's no need to multiplex four buttons, see tutorial two instead.

You could also connect all 4 switches to 1 ADC input - with resistors pulling each high. Each pull up resistor would have a different value, say 2k, 4k, 8k, 16K.

So when a switch is activated, it would know, not only that a switch is pressed, but it could tell which switch, by the ADC value. This could also tell if multiple switches are pressed simultaneously.

If you have 4 I/O pins available, Nigel's method would be easier to code.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back