Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x3x3 LED Cube - can i use16f628 instead 16f690

Status
Not open for further replies.
mpasm..so no problem..i hope, my problem is my connections..i'm connecting these shema and i'm use these asm code..

3x3x3 Led Cube

After studying this project for some time now, I have decided to give it a try. This is a new found hobby for me in my retirement years, and my knowledge in electronics is very limited so please bare with me. I will be using the 16f628A pic for the project. I have a couple of questions, do I still connect the 5v vdd along with the 10K resistor and diode to RA5, or is it now connected to RA3, since RA5 is no longer being used? What is the purpose of this connection anyway. Thanks in advance for any info I may receive.

Last edited:
3x3x3 Led Cube

With the pic16f628a you cannot use RA5. Use the 690.

Thanks Birdman0 o for the quick response. I would like to use the 628A since I already have them. I know that RA5 is not being used since it is input only. My question is, where do I connect the the 5v vdd circuit with the 10K resistor and diode that is connected to RA5? Do I leave it there or does it move to RA3. Thanks again

Use the 628a's for another project. I would suggest using the 690's because the code has already been written for them specifically.

You only need the 10k resistor tied high if MCRL enabled, "on".

The code in this thread is for the 16f628a all you have to do is look back a few pages and you'll find it. I changed it from the 16f690 to the 16f628a last year I ran out of 16f690 and had a bunch of 16f628a and a lot of kids wanting a cube

3x3x3 Led Cube

The code in this thread is for the 16f628a all you have to do is look back a few pages and you'll find it. I changed it from the 16f690 to the 16f628a last year I ran out of 16f690 and had a bunch of 16f628a and a lot of kids wanting a cube

Thanks be80be, I have read and followed your posts many times, and I would like to build the cube as per your instructions using the 16F628A pic. Do I still need the 5V 10K, diode circuit that went to the MCLR/RA5 pin,now that it is not being used? Thank You for any input you may give me.

Thanks be80be, I have read and followed your posts many times, and I would like to build the cube as per your instructions using the 16F628A pic. Do I still need the 5V 10K, diode circuit that went to the MCLR/RA5 pin,now that it is not being used? Thank You for any input you may give me.

You have to tie mclr high or it will reset and it uses 5 volts here is the right asm for the 16f628a it works fine
You hook your columns to PORTB and PORTA4 and the Layers to PORTA 3, 6 and 7

Attachments

• 3x3x316f628a.asm
    42.4 KB · Views: 250
3x3x3 Led Cube

You have to tie mclr high or it will reset and it uses 5 volts here is the right asm for the 16f628a it works fine
You hook your columns to PORTB and PORTA4 and the Layers to PORTA 3, 6 and 7

be80be Sorry to bother you with all the questions, but I have one more for you. If MCLR is turned off in the Configuration settings as per the asm file, why is it still necessary to hold it HI. Thanks again for your patience.

Habit for me and the diode keeps programming voltage form going where you don't want it.

Habit for me and the diode keeps programming voltage form going where you don't want it.

Hi be80be,

i readed last pages.i'm programing my 16f628 and i'm building my circuits..but circuit is not working..i didn't find my wrong; my connections or ??? could u send pic's connection shema again pls?

Sorry,but ba08be sad, "You hook your columns to PORTB and PORTA4 and the Layers to PORTA 3, 6 and 7.."
my 9.led is not working?how am i connecting?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back