Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x3x3 LED Cube - can i use16f628 instead 16f690

Status
Not open for further replies.
RA4/T0CKI/CMP2 RA4 ST OD Bidirectional I/O port. Output is open drain type.
T0CKI ST — External clock input for TMR0 or comparator output
CMP2 — OD Comparator 2 output

This is from the datasheet. You need to connect the led from 5v to RA4 or add a transistor/buffer like birdman already said

Hello All on this thread,
I am just staring on this project. after going through this thread i thought of getting the schematic cleared from you. I will use pic16F628A.
Port B will be used for the eight LEDS on each layer(RB0 to RB7).
RA0 for top layer common point.
RA1 for middle layer common point.
RA2 for the bottom Layer common point.
and RA3 for the ninth LED on each layer.
Please let me know if this setup ok.
Will the code need any change?
Regards.
kssoin

Attachments

• PIC16F628A_Ckt.zip
    56.7 KB · Views: 361
Hello All on this thread,
I am just staring on this project. after going through this thread i thought of getting the schematic cleared from you. I will use pic16F628A.
Port B will be used for the eight LEDS on each layer(RB0 to RB7).
RA0 for top layer common point.
RA1 for middle layer common point.
RA2 for the bottom Layer common point.
and RA3 for the ninth LED on each layer.
Please let me know if this setup ok.
Will the code need any change?
Regards.
kssoin

thank u very much..i'm cheking my code..

The right one may not be on here It was but some one ask how to use this on a motor bike and I re posted it for them with the same name its not that hard to change

hook 8 of the columns to portB and column 9 to portA 3
then the rows are porta 5 6 7

Attachments

• new3x3x316f628a.asm
    42.4 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
The right one may not be on here It was but some one ask how to use this on a motor bike and I re posted it for them with the same name its not that hard to change

thank u mr. be80be. to day will chek it

This is with a 16f628a
[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/OsUJwhyjJJc&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/embed]

Nice, but I've always thought these kinds of LED cubes would look a whole lot better if SMD LED's were used because the package size is so much smaller there's a lot less to get in the way of the eye.

3x3x6 led cube

mr. be80be,how can exentend it 3x3x6 led cube. becose 3s pin not used in this project .so i want used it for exetend [6] layer.

A 3x3x6 would take 3 more output pins you could added them but you will need a bigger chip like the 16f877 or 16f876
And you'll need drivers for leds

Last edited:
A 3x3x6 would take 3 more output pins you could added them but you will need a bigger chip like the 16f877 or 16f876
And you'll need drivers for leds

no sir extualy [ hook 8 of the columns to portB and column 9 to portA 3
then the rows are porta 5 6 7].means we use three rows. but i want six rows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back