Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3x3x3 LED Cube - can i use16f628 instead 16f690

Status
Not open for further replies.
There not 15 pins that can be output porta4 is open drain porta5 is input only
on the 16f628a

Here is a simple 3x3x3 circuit using 2 IC's to drive 27 white LEDs. The 4020 IC is a 14 stage binary counter - we have used 9 outputs. Each output drives 3 white LEDs in series and we have omitted a dropper resistor as the chip can only deliver a maximum of 15mA per output. The 4020 produces 512 different patterns before the sequence repeats.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
LoL Colins thats Cool but not much room for change if you just wanted to blink leds

Yeah birdman, I'm not sure what you mean by war =\ While the 555 and decade counter circuit will work nicely for simple (hey I'm here) blinking you can't program it readily, not with a lot of extra gates and shift registers, where as with a micro controller you can replicate any pattern your mind can conceive of.

Now collins said 512 different patterns but the 4020 is bad to miss a clock or two so it may never blink the same thing over

It doesn't repeat 512 different patterns. It's a single pattern that takes 512 cycles to repeat. Most people won't even recognize a pattern is occurring.

Last edited:
It doesn't repeat 512 different patterns. It's a single pattern that takes 512 cycles to repeat. Most people won't even recognize a pattern is occurring.
Sceadwian Colins said 512 different patterns it could change if you read the data sheet the 4020 is bad to skip a clock. But if not you get just one pattern LOL just a long one

4x4x4

4X4X4 cube...

Attachments

• devre.jpg
    devre.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 2,192
  • gorunum.jpg
    gorunum.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 1,149
  • c.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 523
Status