Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3v doubler to 60v. NE2 neon light no data sheet. 100 neon in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure that your 0.1uF and 1k parts produce a frequency of about 1.6kHz. But if your toroid has a ferrite core then it needs at least 40kHz.
The TIP122 has a saturation voltage loss of about 1.2v so each side will have a peak swing of only 2V then the output into a transformer that works will be only 40 turns/10 turns + 10 turns= 4V peak. You need many turns on the secondary to get a high output voltage.

The 0.5uF capacitor parallel with the neon bulb with the 2.2M resistor feeding it produce a slowly blinking light when powered from DC. Get rid of the 0.5uF capacitor for the Neon to light from a high AC voltage.

I figure that your 0.1uF and 1k parts produce a frequency of about 1.6kHz. But if your toroid has a ferrite core then it needs at least 40kHz.
The TIP122 has a saturation voltage loss of about 1.2v so each side will have a peak swing of only 2V then the output into a transformer that works will be only 40 turns/10 turns + 10 turns= 4V peak. You need many turns on the secondary to get a high output voltage.

The 0.5uF capacitor parallel with the neon bulb with the 2.2M resistor feeding it produce a slowly blinking light when powered from DC. Get rid of the 0.5uF capacitor for the Neon to light from a high AC voltage.

I only did 2 to 1 ratio on the transformer just to see if it works. .006 volts is nothing. I don't have any suitable transistors to get higher amps expect 2N3055 and that is over kill for this project. I ask the other day about toroid mininum frequency and got no answer so now i know 40KHz. I have been wondering what Hz the joule thief runs at? Looks like this joule thief runs at 14.6HZ if I did math right.
100_5743.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back