Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

32x8 display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have tried to find a datasheet for the Okaya Electric Industries display model RU-32-8RDC1-2 (also in this forum), but without any luck. Maybe someone in here has worked with this type of display or a similar type. I have added some pictures of the display. Unfortunately, while the RU-32-8RDC2-2 display has a datasheet, it only has a 26-pin connector, but the RU-32-8RDC1-2 has 34 pins.

Maybe someone has an idea how to interface with it.

Thanks

Attachments

• display1.JPG
    display1.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 360
  • display2.JPG
    display2.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 367
  • display3.JPG
    display3.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 385
They appear to be different manufacturers driver boards for an eight line Burroughs "Self-scan" display tube.

They were quite common in older machine tool CNC systems, eg. Siemens system 8 and and some versions of the GE Mark Century 1050 as a couple of examples.

I have a couple I've rebuilt for CNCs, but I've never needed interface data - a lot of makers seen to use their own driver boards on the standard plasma panel.

There is some outline info on the principles of the things, here:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back