Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 watt Luxeon driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 5 is an ENABLE/PWM DIMMING pin. If you don't want to dim it with PWM you tie it to Vdd and LD as per pg 3 of the spec sheet. "Vdd" is a poor choice of name for that pin, it is not a power input but rather the output of the internal 7.5v reg. The power in is connected to Vin.

The 300nS RC filter is:
1. Replace the wire between R10 and CS (pin 2) with a resistor.
2. Add a capacitor from pin 2 to ground.

Resistance times capacitance must be greater than 300 x 10^-9. For example, 91pF and 3.3K. It can be a bit greater than 300x10^-9 but don't make it wildly greater. The resistor you choose should not be really high, stay under 50k, maybe even 30k. A cheap ceramic disk cap will do fine.

I got that recommendation on the RC from Supertex directly. It's an obvious problem with the principle of the circuit and fixed all my probs. I love their part but find their negligence in documenting this fundamental requirement rather unfortunate!

why not just try the STARPOWER, high efficiency luxeon driver by siliconchip,

it can be used for 1w, 3w and 5w luxeon leds with just replacing 2 components to vary the current needed to run the leds at their highest intensity.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back