Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 digit segment displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the difference between a 15 pin 3 digit segment display and a 16 pin one?

Are there different amount of pins in other displays and why?
Correct me if i'm wrong but I remember coming across a 28 pin one.

E.g:
https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/7-segment-triple-digit-display/19329
upload_2016-3-21_19-51-38.png

And when it comes to this: which one in our experience and knowledge would one be appropriate to use?
upload_2016-3-21_20-1-25.png

I make an assumption here.
A 3 digit disp with decimal point and common anode/cathode would require 11 pins, so the rest are unconnected 'spare' pins.
Some manufacts make their displays in the format of dil packages, others make odd ball pin layouts, this is probably the diffrence you noticed.

Unfortunately, there is no standard. Even displays of the same size and shape can have different pinouts. As for which is "appropiate" - appropriate for WHAT? No psychics on this end.

ak

John, the last 3 digit seven segment, I used were 11 pin (same as 12 pin just one missing) it depends on decimal points and colon ( clock styles) . just get the correct common cathode / Anode type for the driver.

Unfortunately, there is no standard. Even displays of the same size and shape can have different pinouts. As for which is "appropiate" - appropriate for WHAT? No psychics on this end.

ak

It is the same Output I have used in the same circuit in which you have kindly helped me with previously. I have contacted kit manufactures and sorted out since I have a similar circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back