Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 Channel LED circiut ideas please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmwest

:? Hi everyone, I am looking for ideas or help for a project to wire up some RGB LED's I need to create a 3-channel circuit that continuously and randomly varies the voltage on each channel up and down (smoothly) from 0 to 5 VDC fed from a 12VDC supply. If anyone has any thoughts they would be most welcome.
Cheers all
:D J M West

so you mean that you wanna use random voltages for each channel so you can get lots of colours randomly?
why random?
maybe better if you can use a potentiometer to vary the voltage for each channel and produce the light colour you want.

:D I am planning to use this as a method of getting a custom motorbike fuel tank to randomly change colour at night, I can cover the tank OK and have tried this with single colour LED's, using a manual method of changing colour would have me trying to ride the bike and pick a nice colour at the same time - not very safe.
Cheers
J M West

o, i like your idea very much!!!
but maybe you can explain in english how the circuit works, and about the other thing that you heve build.....the cuant beam rezonator(Quantenresonanzbeamer-did i get the translation right?)
what is it really?

Hi,

the circuit is pretty simple. Just build a triangle oscillator (1/2 LM324) for each color channel. I stole the schematics for that anywhere on the net ;-)
Build three of them using different time constants (== Cs) for each channel.
The output transistor works as a current amplifier.

I wanted to have two changing lights, but was to lazy to build the circuit twice. So I put two leds with different color in series for each channel. This results in two rgb lights changing color with different "phase".

When i have time, i´ll translate that page of mine.

The other "project" - the name is just for fun. Is just the way i light my living room ;-)

DoS

Hi,

yes it looks strange - but it was meant that way. As you can see there are two light "modes". One uses two compact flouresecent lights to illuminate the ceiling.
The other one uses a "down spot" and in addition to it illuminates those funny red cylinders (done by leds)...

DoS

@bogdanfirst:

They are made from red acrylic glass and are illuminated by high efficient red leds.
But this is only looking great if the "main" illumination (via ceiling) is off.

DoS

Those things are sold at IKEA. They are use at the end of the curtain rails as a closing end. That's as well the source for the "Color Balls".

DoS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back