Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2V & 60A reqd from car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone leave a door open some place lately? :confused:

Well flight isn't breaking any laws of thermodynamics.

:)

I assume you disagree with the points I made?
Any one in particular you have an issue with or are you still stuck on the inefficiencies of the engine alternotor and cell?
Which dont mean a damn to me at this point.

Perhaps you have some figures regarding using the waste heat in the exhaust to improve the efficiency of a cell?

Anyway thats not the point. The point is flight was considered impossible by the leading physicists of the day.

**broken link removed**

Also consider that for every electron that goes into a Hydrogen cell another leaves. So the total amount of electrons used is ....? You dont actually add electrons to either the O or H. You use PD and Current to overcome the electronegativity of the O atom.
Or one could just use heat.

Thermal decomposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All this is besides the point too however:
Can/will you help me with a circuit diagram to turn 12V DC into AC so that it can be turned into 2V DC with a transformer and rectifier or not?
That is what this forum is about after all.

:)

Last edited:
That would be a big transformer I had a circuit some where that showed how to do this with a regulator
and a power transistor I'll look for it for you.

Just out of curiosity what supposed law of thermal dynamics is being broken?

And which methods of accounting for the energy exchanges are being used?

And catalysts are known for having interactive properties with chemical reactions yet they dont actually add or consume energy from the system themselves.

I am just curious.

As far as getting the low voltage higher current out of an alternator I already mentioned how to do it earlier in the thread.

Or as mentioned using a switch mode system would work too. Just use a buck converter set up if electrical isolation is not a problem.

Nigel He wants 60amps DC you can roll me one of them small transformers that can handle 60 amps. I've not seen any thing small that can put out 60amps. It takes a number 6 wire to handle 60 amps of power

Nigel He wants 60amps DC you can roll me one of them small transformers that can handle 60 amps. I've not seen any thing small that can put out 60amps. It takes a number 6 wire to handle 60 amps of power

Try transformers as used in in-car amplifiers - the primary is often far greter than 60A, and the transformer small.

For a hint, you can either use multiple thinner wires, or copper strip rather than wire. You also require only VERY small numbers of turns - for 2V, one turn is probably all that's needed.

I've used multiple thinner wires to keep from burning the transformer up.
I see what your saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back