Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2n5551 Y-701 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sockles

Hopefully I dont screw this up like last time, anyway, Ive got this ZPA150 Pyramid DJ amplifier that blew a couple months ago due to humidity(Im guessing, it was really humid) being in a garage. So I've written down all the components, mostly resistors, that needs to be replaced and I come up to the 2N5551 Y-701. I've done some searching on Digikey and they list all these different part numbers EXCEPT 2N5551 Y-701. Most all of them matchup but only 3 are in stock. I'm sure it matters, but which one do I order. (I cant find the Actual 2N5551 Y-701)

Thanks

Most of the semiconductor manufacturers that used to make trnasistors have exited the business. Those that remain make replacement units at enormous markups with limited to no support, datasheets or other information. Suppliers like Digi-Key will list them as non-stock items in case somebody shows up to buy them in quantity. The handfull of units that you need just won't impress them.

I hate to tell you this, but I think your chances of successfully repairing the unit are pretty slim.

Worst case scenario, you can (almost) always find the original datasheet, and do a parametric search for specs, and find a part that will do the same thing (albeit with a different model number)

Aside from a hamfest, your nearest equivalent is an NTE194 transistor, or anything that cross-references to it. Other substitutes are 2SC212, 2SC366 2SC367 series, and 2SC499 series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back