Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

20VAC stepdown to variable AC from 0-12VAC........

Status
Not open for further replies.

adax811

any suggestion and tips are welcome...

ps: how to use this forum [search engine]?? 500++ pages..... :eek:

Last edited:

What current you need?

Here the willing Volume controller, the % proportional to VAC....

i do this regulator for a 20VAC 50Hz Vibrator.... to regulate the 20VAC.

i dunno the amperes running in the vibrator.

any idea on it?

i'll always here to wait ur answer..... hope u can reply me as soon as possible.. thx

Attachments

• VR.JPG
    VR.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I found this on website....... but wat should i modify the circuit to adjustable from 0 to 12 VAC..... im still think about on it..... who which got idea can post a reply............

Attachments

• AC Voltage Regulator.JPG
    AC Voltage Regulator.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 204
You could wind your own variac.

Another option would be to just stick a high powered variable resistor in series.

Sometimes it's called a rheostat.

It's just a resistor that you can adjust to alter the current flow, if you know the impedance of the vibrator then you can easilly work out the required resistor value for the required voltage. Start by measuring the current with a multimeter and work out the impedance using Ohm's law.

What are the current requirements for the 0-12VAC

wat i need to do to get the current? im newbie...... wat i just know is
when VR 100% - 12VAC, 75% - 3.2VAC, 50% - 2.1VAC, 0% - 1.2V.

i m modifying the circuit that i upload. i exchange the fixed R into a VR

for the current i think it'll need high enough for running the vibrator. is it use a Ampere CLam meter to check the A when the vibrator is running?

this is my modification on this circuit.

i add in a 10k ohm VR and replace the R1, R3 into 320 ohm and R2, R4 into 460 ohm.

wat i get is (input voltage is 28VAC, which outpur from my transformer for doing experiment)

when 2, 5 near to 1, 4, (0%), the voltage is 1.18VAC.

50% = 2.00 VAC

75% = 2.23 VAC

100% = 13.63 VAC

(the R1 and R3 will hot when VR set to 100%), who know the reason?

who know the calculation the suitable R1, R2, R3 and, R4 when 10k VR is used and the input voltage is 20VAC.

p.s.: im no so familiar to the LM317..

Attachments

• AC Voltage Regulator.JPG
    AC Voltage Regulator.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
The LM317 regulator circuit prtoduces a clipped sine wave which might not but acceptable for your application.

The LM317 regulator circuit prtoduces a clipped sine wave which might not but acceptable for your application.

ya u r right..... i've made my circuit and tested at the supply to the application. the vibration not acceptable. PLus, the VR fall into same situation as last time...... wat for make this circuit......

if i making the rheostat, how do i make that? and website or tips for me? how i get the part.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back