Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 grounds together

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobow

hi all ! i have a little problem. i am working adding a 24v relay to a old stepper type electrical system. the problem i have is i need to use a ground to switch it via a micro switch. this is o.k but there is also another wire using that same connection running to a 32v coil. the switch will operate both wires fine but when there is no ground the wire from the 32v coil is feeding back through the 24v relay. my question is can i have these 2 wires on the same connection point but not interfere with each other. thanks in advance.
cobow.

Just use two high current diodes like 1N5400 to the two wires with their cathodes connected towards ground.

thanks for the help :) i was thinking along the diode line but the one i tried was too restricting. i'l give that a shot today and my project should be neally finished. my project was to make a board with 12 led,s to represent the state of the input switches that trigger the stepper type control box that operates an 1960s pinspotter (tenpin bowling machine) knowing the state of the switches will help diagnose a problem while the machine is still in operation. i got the first ten done o.k but the last 2 with the coils were giving me trouble. will post back on how i go.
thanks. cobow

hmmm. tried the diodes but with no sucess. i think theres some a/c voltage through a multi tap causing some of the drama. i came around the problem by putting my relay wire only on the terminal and switching the others through the spare contacts in the relay. more time consuming but i think it will work.
thanks
cobow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back