Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 flashing led circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero999 said:
It will proabably take less power than the origional LED.

the scematic shows vcc as 9v, i haven't got 9v at LED, also cause its going through blue plastic, i gotta use white or blue really

Your blue LEDs need about 3.5V. The current-limiting resistors need about 1V. The astable transistor circuit needs an additional 1V so the minimum battery voltage is 3.5V+1V+1V= 5.5V. Four Ni-MH rechargable cells will give 5V (not enough) and five will give 6.25V for quite a while. They would need 7V or more from the solar panel to charge them.

captaincaveman said:
the scematic shows vcc as 9v, i haven't got 9v at LED, also cause its going through blue plastic, i gotta use white or blue really
It doesn't need to be 9V, this circuit will work down to about 3V, reduce the values of the resistors in series with the LEDs.

LM3909 Led Flasher/Oscillator.

I've been reading this thread for a while now, and I got more and more
confused because the LM3909 never showed up. I quote the datasheet:
" The LM3909 is a monolitic oscillator specifically designed to flash Light
Emitting Diodes." I tried Google and got 38600 hits, I tried my local shop
and found that it was still available (and cheap). My conclusion is that
there must be something wrong with me !

Attachments

• LM3909.PNG
    LM3909.PNG
    19.1 KB · Views: 197
The LM3909 LED flasher IC hasn't been made for many years. You are lucky to find one.

If you must use blue LEDs then use a 4.5V battery, also those garden lights should have a high enough voltage battery to drive blue LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back