2 Digit 7 Seg LED Project With Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draffon

Hey,

I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate a few items into a project i am working on and would like to ask the experts here a few questions.

First a general overview, i am taking a 12 button Transmitter and "reboxing" it so that i can add a few nick knacks and so the buttons will be bigger. Also, since the transmitter has a fixed code i will be soldering a Binary Coded Rotary Switch onto 4 of its pins to essentially create "16" Channels.

Quick Tidbit, as you are aware the "16 channels" are really;
0 0 0 0 0
1 1 0 0 0
2 0 1 0 0
3 1 1 0 0
4 0 0 1 0
5 1 0 1 0
6 0 1 1 0
7 1 1 1 0
8 0 0 0 1
9 1 0 0 1
A 0 1 0 1
B 1 1 0 1
C 0 0 1 1
D 1 0 1 1
E 0 1 1 1
F 1 1 1 1

So here is where i am in the project, i currently have the Rotary switches installed on the receiver and the transmitter and both function appropriately on all "16 channels".

Which finally brings me to my first question;
I want to incorporate a 2 Digit 7 Segment LED to display a number from 1-16 based on which "channel" is selected. Currently i have a Numbered Wheel but i want to clean it up and think the display will make it look better.

I would also like to add (4) LED to my design that would illuminate when (4) buttons on the transmitter are pressed. IE: Press Button 1, LED 1 illuminates. Press Button 2, LED 2 illuminates...etc

Hopefully my idea is clear and my questions are understood, i am looking for any and all ideas so please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
JJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…