Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 Digit 7 Seg LED Project With Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draffon

Hey,

I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate a few items into a project i am working on and would like to ask the experts here a few questions.

First a general overview, i am taking a 12 button Transmitter and "reboxing" it so that i can add a few nick knacks and so the buttons will be bigger. Also, since the transmitter has a fixed code i will be soldering a Binary Coded Rotary Switch onto 4 of its pins to essentially create "16" Channels.

Quick Tidbit, as you are aware the "16 channels" are really;
0 0 0 0 0
1 1 0 0 0
2 0 1 0 0
3 1 1 0 0
4 0 0 1 0
5 1 0 1 0
6 0 1 1 0
7 1 1 1 0
8 0 0 0 1
9 1 0 0 1
A 0 1 0 1
B 1 1 0 1
C 0 0 1 1
D 1 0 1 1
E 0 1 1 1
F 1 1 1 1

So here is where i am in the project, i currently have the Rotary switches installed on the receiver and the transmitter and both function appropriately on all "16 channels".

Which finally brings me to my first question;
I want to incorporate a 2 Digit 7 Segment LED to display a number from 1-16 based on which "channel" is selected. Currently i have a Numbered Wheel but i want to clean it up and think the display will make it look better.

I would also like to add (4) LED to my design that would illuminate when (4) buttons on the transmitter are pressed. IE: Press Button 1, LED 1 illuminates. Press Button 2, LED 2 illuminates...etc

Hopefully my idea is clear and my questions are understood, i am looking for any and all ideas so please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
JJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back