Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F877 Programmer , they not sell in my country ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i searching for pickit1/2
but i cant find it
my question is
can i make my own programer ?
if yes
what is the schematic ?

help please

Last edited:
The PICKit2 programmer is a complex device, I wouldn't recommend it for a DIY* project myself, but suit yourself and good luck.
If you're up to it, a Google search found this page with a DIY -877 programmer, compliments of angelfire:
https://www.angelfire.com/ok3/masterbyte/
It can be set up to also program PIC16F84, PIC16F876 and serial EEPROMs. It doesn't look terribly complicated.

As for real programmers like the PICKit, I did a search on Ebay using "pickit2" and found this:
**broken link removed**

This is Buy It Now, for $29, with free shipping. Check their EMS Policy window for the countries and nations they ship to. $29 is less than the cost of parts to make it yourself.
I purchased one of these about a year ago. It works OK. You have to download Microchip's MPLAB and driver for their PICKit2 product, unless they got their act together and finally offered the software themselves. One major reason I bought this is because they offer mating headers and a special header-to-RJ11-modular-plug cable. I had a development board with the RJ-11 jack to do PIC programming, so the adapter cable was a must.

If you want the latest PICKit3, this place has it for $60, before shipping:
**broken link removed**
I can't tell if they supply the drivers, but this IS the Microchip product itself, so probably comes with a CD with all needed software. The -3 programs and debugs a larger number of PICs and DSPICs than the -2, of course.

Later.

*Do It Yourself

Last edited:
thanks for the post , but i still for inexpensive one :D
Let's review: my post points to a FREE design you can build yourself from junkbox parts.
What part of FREE eludes you, exactly? FREE sounds pretty inexpensive to me. I can't think of a better price than FREE.
As I pointed out, the $30 clone is less than if you have to purchase parts to build one from the FREE design, which of course is FREE only if you have the parts at hand already.
OK, let's try this:
Basic ATOM Nano 40

This is the Nano40 chip, and costs only $11 before shipping. It is a PIC16F887, which is Microchip's latest version of the PIC16F877. It has an 8 MHz clock built in, so you don't need clock parts. It has a bootloader programmed in already, so you just download and install their FREE BASIC compiler, called Studio. Now you just use the serial port on your PC and a serial converter IC (MAX232) to do programming with. The serial circuit needed is in their data sheet. Drop all this on a breadboard, add a power supply and start programming.

No doubt, somebody somewhere makes a complete programmer for $12, but I haven't found it in a quick Google search. And then you have to find a FREE compiler, learn how to use it, provide the power supply and PC... dude, inexpensive is not everything. You actually wanted to accomplish something this year, right?
Later.

For about the same price as clones you can get a real picKit2 from Welcome to microchipDIRECT but it is a bit hard to locate. Just find one of the bundles with the picKit2 and a target then use the picKit2 part number to find it as an individual item. But that is not cheap.

For cheap programmer build the one suggested by Nigel's tutorial. The cost should be next to free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back