Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electricity is not we think?

Electroenthusiast

Many years ago at school, the professor who dealt with explaining how a semiconductor doping works said me a thing. It was that no one knows how things work, the ones which are being explained are just theoretical, and the practicality is not better known.

Today, i was using a LED table lamp powered by a USB cable. I thought of running the cable to the other side of the cable, but the cable with which it came was not long enough. I used a cheap USB extension cable for that length and it seems to be working little creepily.

The LED lamp works for few seconds and then switches it self off after couple of seconds, this happens everytime i switch the lamp. But, it works perfectly fine when the extension cable is removed, and when only connected to the PS with the cable it came with. Whats wrong with the USB extension cable? Why is it working like this when it is just conductive wire inside?

This is what I was looking for. I don’t think it is on that page.

ELECTRICAL THEORY OF SMOKE...​

BY JOSEPH LUCAS, The prince of Darkness​

Positive ground depends upon proper circuit functioning, the transmission of negative ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smoke is the thing that makes electrical circuits work; we know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of the electrical system, it stops working. This can be verified repeatedly through empirical testing.

When, for example, the smoke escapes from an electrical component (i.e., say, a Lucas voltage regulator), it will be observed that the component stops working. The function of the wire harness is to carry the smoke from one device to another; when the wire harness "springs a leak", and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works afterwards. Starter motors were frowned upon in British Automobiles for some time, largely because they consume large quantities of smoke, requiring very large wires.

It has been noted that Lucas components are possibly more prone to electrical leakage than Bosch or generic Japanese electrics. Experts point out that this is because Lucas is British and all things British leak. British engines leak oil, shock absorbers, hydraulic forks and disk brakes leak fluid, British tires leak air and the British defense establishment leaks secrets...so, naturally, British electronics leak smoke.

Author Unknown

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back