Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1470 MFD capcitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda

hello, bought a mig welder. No smoothing or rectified curcuit. Made a bridge now need to smooth it. I have a 4700 MFD cap. is this suitable on the DC side. thanks.

its posible for 140a,i need approx 35 amps, I believe the welders lowest amp setting is 65 (not fully measured yet ). approx voltage dc i believe was checked at 37.ken. thanks

Why do you want capacitors on a welder? - they don't have them, because they aren't required.

For a very rough (and poor) rule of thumb, 1000uF per amp absolute minimum, so a hell of a lot of large expensive capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back