Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12VDC to 14VAC 50Hz inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCMatrix

Hi there :)
I need to build or buy an inverter that transforms 12V DC to 14 AC 50Hz. It's for my guitar sinthetizer, i need to play with it in the street with my 12V batteries. I've tried with an 12V->220AC inverter pure sine (from Velleman) but it introduces to much noise in the guitar.
Any help or ideas I'll be precious.
Thanks,
A. Soares

Does your "guitar sinthetizer" have the ability to run on alkaline batteries also? If so, a simple linear regulator might be all you need.

It probably needs AC to get a bipolar DC supply.

You'll need a boost converter to get 20V from the 12V supply and an H-bridge to convert it to a modified sine wave.

How much current does it use?

I doubt the inverter you used was a pusre sine wave, it sounds more like a modified sine wave, from what you've said, a pure sine wave inverter shouldn't make any noise.

The method described above might give you the same problem as the inverter you tried.

For a sine wave, it's much more complicated you'll need to convert 12V to 24V (a bit higher than the peak voltage of a 14V sine wave) then use a bridged class D amplifier to get a 50/60Hz sine wave.

News

Hi there :)
Kchriste: of course it has the ability to run on alcaline batteries, connecting alcaline batteries in series (+14 and -14Volts) in the printed circuit board ...

Hero999: I think you're right.
Thanks for your help.
I've been with a friend, electronic expert. And he said that the my sinthetizer Boss GR20 has DC after the bridge (+12V and -12V).
I'm going to try this weekend with two batteries connected to the right points in the PCB.
Greetings :)

Hero999: I think you're right.
Thanks for your help.
I've been with a friend, electronic expert. And he said that the my sinthetizer Boss GR20 has DC after the bridge (+12V and -12V).
I'm going to try this weekend with two batteries connected to the right points in the PCB.
Greetings :)
If you can get inside the enclosure and connect the batteries directly to the PCB then all the better - no inverter to worry about.

You might need more than 12V though, you might need 15V for it to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back