Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12vdc latching relay - one pulse on/off - wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

easytim

I needed a 12vdc latching relay that will latch on with one pulse, then latch off with the same pulse.

My power source is 12vdc and I'm using a touch circuit with a relay rated at 1 amp for its output.

Does anyone know where I might find a prebuilt kit that latches using 12vdc as its power source?

Touch it, it stays on, touch it again it turns off.

Last edited:
I needed a 12vdc latching relay that will latch on with one pulse, then latch off with another pulse. Does anyone know where I can buy 12vdc latching relay or 12vdc circuit board

What contact voltage and current rating do you require? Do you need a two coil latching relay or will a single coil version work, that is do you have two seperate pulse signals or just one? Also need to know the voltage (12v?) and current capacity of what ever is generating the pulse signal.

Remember you can use lower voltage relay coil and just add a series resistor and run it at a high voltage.

Lefty

What contact voltage and current rating do you require? Do you need a two coil latching relay or will a single coil version work, that is do you have two seperate pulse signals or just one? Also need to know the voltage (12v?) and current capacity of what ever is generating the pulse signal.

Remember you can use lower voltage relay coil and just add a series resistor and run it at a high voltage.

Lefty

I have one seperate pulse

I am powering the signal with a N.O. contact at 12vdc

I have a small electronic touch switch that uses 12vdc with a small relay on the board, what I need to do is latch its output when it is touch switch is touched. I will be switching under 1 amp to power two small transformers (wall warts) that power some LED lights

I don't think it's possible to get a "toggling" relay that only needs a single control pin and even if you can you have issues with knowing what state it's in.

All latching relays I've seen need two control lines.

______
Rob

Last edited:
Here's the file attached, since the link no longer works.

Attachments

• RBR1224.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,938
I know this is old but, I couldn't help it.

Attachments

• on-off-button-circuit-diagram.GIF
    on-off-button-circuit-diagram.GIF
    14.4 KB · Views: 14,783
  • on off push button relay.gif
    on off push button relay.gif
    3 KB · Views: 6,971
  • One Button Toggle Relay.gif
    One Button Toggle Relay.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 23,091
Status
Not open for further replies.