110v schematics/transformer help needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1979

hi,can anyone help me at all? i have a a guitar pedal that works on 110v and i want to change the transformer inside so it will run on 240v uk mains.i know how to do this part as i have done it to one previously although the other one was a different model.the schematics stated for the other one that it had a 28v output into the circuit board,however the schematics for this pedal does not show what voltage is coming from the transformer so if i can find this out i will know what replacement transformer to buy,any help would be appreciated? schematics link here=http://www.morleypedals.com/pwfes.pdf

I do not see a 240 option on the schematic. Does the transformer have 4 wires on the primary? If so you can change the wiring.

It looks to me like it is a 24 volt transformer but it is hard to know.
I can see the main supply is 60 volt.
60 x .707= 42.5
Voltage doubler 42.5/2=21
There is some voltage loss in R5 so voltage is above 21.
Nest common number is 24.
????????????????

What schematic ????????????????????????????????

plug the unit into a 110v supply and take a reading of the transformer output.

110v supply isolated can be found on any building site in the UK

Last edited:
From what I can see, the transformer output is 24V, at low current. You can use a transformer with 2x12V outputs in series or one with a centre tapped output, and just connect to the outer terminals.

I suggest you find a transformer nearest in size and shape to the existing one so that it is easiest to physically fit in. You could also get one with a 230 / 120 V input so that you could still use the device in the USA. It also means that you could test it there.

VIGORTRONIX|VTX-120-4206-412|TRANSFORMER, 6VA, 2 X 12V | Farnell United Kingdom would be a guess but I don't know how much space you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…