Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

110v schematics/transformer help needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1979

hi,can anyone help me at all? i have a a guitar pedal that works on 110v and i want to change the transformer inside so it will run on 240v uk mains.i know how to do this part as i have done it to one previously although the other one was a different model.the schematics stated for the other one that it had a 28v output into the circuit board,however the schematics for this pedal does not show what voltage is coming from the transformer so if i can find this out i will know what replacement transformer to buy,any help would be appreciated? schematics link here=http://www.morleypedals.com/pwfes.pdf

I do not see a 240 option on the schematic. Does the transformer have 4 wires on the primary? If so you can change the wiring.

It looks to me like it is a 24 volt transformer but it is hard to know.
I can see the main supply is 60 volt.
60 x .707= 42.5
Voltage doubler 42.5/2=21
There is some voltage loss in R5 so voltage is above 21.
Nest common number is 24.
????????????????

I do not see a 240 option on the schematic. Does the transformer have 4 wires on the primary? If so you can change the wiring.

It looks to me like it is a 24 volt transformer but it is hard to know.
I can see the main supply is 60 volt.
60 x .707= 42.5
Voltage doubler 42.5/2=21
There is some voltage loss in R5 so voltage is above 21.
Nest common number is 24.
????????????????

What schematic ????????????????????????????????

plug the unit into a 110v supply and take a reading of the transformer output.

110v supply isolated can be found on any building site in the UK

Last edited:
From what I can see, the transformer output is 24V, at low current. You can use a transformer with 2x12V outputs in series or one with a centre tapped output, and just connect to the outer terminals.

I suggest you find a transformer nearest in size and shape to the existing one so that it is easiest to physically fit in. You could also get one with a 230 / 120 V input so that you could still use the device in the USA. It also means that you could test it there.

VIGORTRONIX|VTX-120-4206-412|TRANSFORMER, 6VA, 2 X 12V | Farnell United Kingdom would be a guess but I don't know how much space you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back