Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

110AC to 220AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The photocopier drew so much current to heat the thermal roller that it failed to make a copy.
The thermal roller had a heat lamp that took nearly 1,500w, plus the operation of the motor was too much and the low voltage tripped the circuit into reset.

Last edited:
So you bought junk, what is your point? This does not prove anything againts a 110AC system. My breakers are rated at 15 to 30A. I am sure they can handle 1500W.

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with the circuit breaker.
It's the wiring in factories and offices.
The wiring starts at one end of a house or factory and by the time it reaches the end, the few ohms resistance in the wiring is sufficient to drop the voltage 10v and the photocopier or other device drops out.
For a 2,000w photocopier, the current is nearly 20 amps and if the resistance is 1 ohm, the voltage drop is 20v.
Our "mains wiring" is 2.5 sq mm and this is for a normal 10 amp run. This is equivalent to your size 10.
The US normal run is done with size 14 and this is 1.6 sq mm and has twice the resistance.
That's why I had so many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back