Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10 Gbit/sec QAM transceiver advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Hello Sirs. I am new to electronics and I wish for you help. I started a project using a 10 gbits/sec high speed serial interface using QPSK/QAM base band modulation scheme. There will be a resistive touch screen and an LCD interface. This is all done using a PIC and a 555 timer. I have almost all the details worked out but I only need help with one portion of my design.

How can I drive my LED using a device? Should I make LM741 LED drive ckt?
Oh plz post schematic and details for all my circuit.

Thanks

Hello Sirs. I am new to electronics and I wish for you help. I started a project using a 10 gbits/sec high speed serial interface using QPSK/QAM base band modulation scheme. There will be a resistive touch screen and an LCD interface. This is all done using a PIC and a 555 timer. I have almost all the details worked out but I only need help with one portion of my design.

Oh plz post schematic and details for all my circuit.

Thanks

hi,
I would suggest you light the blue touch paper and retire immediately.:eek:

Is this a school project.?

PS:
the lousy old PP3 battery driving a lousy old 741 will only last 0.0001 seconds.

Last edited:
hi,
I would suggest you light the blue touch paper and retire immediately.:eek:

Is this a school project.?

PS: the lousy old PP3 battery driving a lousy old 741 will only last 0.0001 seconds.

Thank you kind sir for responding. Can I send you endless PM's concerning LED circuit.

Thank you kind sir for responding. Can I send you endless PM's concerning LED circuit.

If they were endless PM's wouldnt that make it just one PM.?

Speak to your tutor, get your college fee's refunded, your going to need that cash for food, the chances of you getting a job are less than zero. Good Luck.!

Sorry to sound like a smart arse, but thats what I do.:)

Last edited:

They make LED driving devices, Nitewriter I think.

I have a circuit for a 100Gbit/s interface, but it likely won't work on your 10Gbit/s unit.

And finally, using a lousy old 741 might be WAY better than than the lousy old LM386, but only puts out rated current at noon at the equator in the Sahara in bright sun. I'd use a µA709 or an MC68010.

They make LED driving devices, Nitewriter I think.

I have a circuit for a 100Gbit/s interface, but it likely won't work on your 10Gbit/s unit.

And finally, using a lousy old 741 might be WAY better than than the lousy old LM386, but only puts out rated current at noon at the equator in the Sahara in bright sun. I'd use a µA709 or an MC68010.

Thanks for your kind suggestion, but my instructor only allow 10 Gbits/sec as all we have is 80 AWG wire. I am only allowed 1 PIC and 741 Amp ops. Oh and 555 timer.

This must work on breadboard ckt. Plz provide circuit.

Last edited:

I am working on a similar project, I'll post my full circuit digram, it may give you some idea's.

PS: dont show it to anyone else, I havn't got got a patent yet.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• ComplexCct1. 28.gif
    ComplexCct1. 28.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 210
...all we have is 80 AWG wire. I am only allowed 1 PIC and 741 Amp ops.

I think the ampacity of 80AWG will safely do 741A, dear OP. Use the following circuit:

Attachments

• disrupter.PNG
    disrupter.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 238
Corey, I see your drafting skills have improved :)
Okay, it is official. We have too much time on our hands...lol Darn insomnia, I guess I should write my paper about euglenazoa due Monday.

Corey, I see your drafting skills have improved :)

Yeah, I pulled out the big guns on that one. (EDIT: I hope the guy who's drawing I borrowed doesn't take offense here. It just fit the bill :eek: )

All of the above wouldn't be so funny if this stuff didn't come across here day after day, over and over again...

Last edited:
Yeah, I pulled out the big guns on that one :D

(All of the above wouldn't be so funny if this stuff didn't come across here day after day, over and over again...)

You are so right. I think I am getting cynical. Thanks for playing, you and Eric both, for without, I would have been chewing my hand off so I could beat myself with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back