Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 input pulse becomes 2 output pulses. How to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveyD

Hello

I'm working on a counter circuit and I would like to make 1 input pulse become 2 output pulses.

I'd prefer not to use a microcontroller if I don't need to.

Any suggestions?

A CMOS exor gate where one of the inputs gets your existing clock signal and where the other input gets the same clock delayed by passing it through a series R and shunt C delay...

The circuit you linked to is a counter that will count 0 through 9 over and over again. I don't quite get what you are asking:

1 input pulse become 2 output pulses

What exactly are you trying to do?

Edit: Maybe Mike has it right if that is what you are after.

Ron

Last edited:
Using the circuit linked in the first post, I'd like to have the trigger input pulse advance the counter x2, instead of x1.

So instead of counting by 1's, it counts by 2's. (2,4,6,8, etc)

Simple RC delay + schmitt trigger + OR gate w/original pulse.
As MikeML stated it needs to be an Exclusive OR gate, not a standard OR gate.

This has been posted before.

Attachments

• DF41.png
    DF41.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back