Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 Day Contest, Name this Kit and win the PCB (Ends Sept 10 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

The Artwork for our next kit (a joint effort between blueroomelectronics & G. Mcleod)
The kits working name is IRBridgeX but if you can come up with the winning name (as chosen by myself & G. Mcleod) before September 10th 2008 we'll mail you the kit PCB free of charge (as soon as it's back from the PCB production house).
**broken link removed**
Early (Incomplete sketch) of the kit that need a name
The kit is designed as IR In/Out to RS232/RS485 bridge, it can be built with several modifications possible. See the schematic below for more details.
Feel free to ask questions.
**broken link removed**
Final Schematic

I don't fully understand the purpose of this board but it looks like it can,
Switch relays on/off with an IR remote,
Control a computer with an IR remote,
Relay IR signals,
Have a computer control an IR device (timed record etc),

If so, then something like EasyIR would make more sense to me.

Mike.

The circuit was designed to control projectors, curtains, that sort of thing. IR, SIRCs, (the opto is a dual relay coil sensor / switch input)
You can set the jumper block for different applications depending on requirements. Some possible options are.

• RS232 with handshaking
  • Dual RS232
  • RS485
  • IR In
  • IR Out (IR blaster)
  • SIRCs I/O
  • LANC
  • Relay coil or Switch inputs
Similar devices might be the $154 Applied Digital Ocelot
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

How about MultiPro or Multi-Pro for multiple protocol.

Dang. Firefly is taken. Glowworm? :)

If the insect naming convention is out the window, all I've got right now is CommandIR.

Torben

OK, call it the The Golden Gate

That can imply a bridge function or a logical gate path or both ;)

Lefty

How about
IRBrix

The circuit was designed to control projectors, curtains, that sort of thing. IR, SIRCs, (the opto is a dual relay coil sensor / switch input)
You can set the jumper block for different applications depending on requirements. Some possible options are.

• RS232 with handshaking
  • Dual RS232
  • RS485
  • IR In
  • IR Out (IR blaster)
  • SIRCs I/O
  • LANC
  • Relay coil or Switch inputs

hi Bill,
If thats the actual Ocelot metallic enclosure, is it possible the IR ports are going to be obscured by the cables
to the 9Wdee and terminal block.?

Regards

Last edited:
hi Bill,
If thats the actual Ocelot metallic enclosure, is it possible the IR ports are going to be obscured by the cables
to the 9Wdee and terminal block.?

Regards

Morning Eric!

I don't think that the Ocelot picture shows the intended final enclosure. I had the same concern about the location of the direct IR sensor on the Ocelot.

Torben

Last edited:
Morning Eric!

I don't think that the Ocelot picture shows the intended final enclosure. I had the same concern about the location of the direct IR sensor on the Ocelot.

Torben

hi,
If you think about where the Ocelot would be mounted/located in a home environment, IMO the connectors are poorly laid out.

The cables would have to be dangling towards you in order that the IR's could see/be seen by the remote controller.
Image that on top of your TV set or side table.

I would position the connectors at the 'back' edge of the enclosure with the IR's on the front edge.
At least the cable assembly would be out of sight.

Thinking about Bill's product naming [ with you in mind :)]
There's
Catmint, Catnap, Catspaw, Catnip....etc..:D

Last edited:
hi,
If you think about where the Ocelot would be mounted/located in a home environment, IMO the connectors are poorly laid out.

The cables would have to be dangling towards you in order that the IR's could see/be seen by the remote controller.
Image that on top of your TV set or side table.

I would position the connectors at the 'back' edge of the enclosure with the IR's on the front edge.
At least the cable assembly would be out of sight.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I like Bill's layout: decisions like that are left to the designer of the enclosure.

Thinking about Bill's product naming [ with you in mind :)]
There's
Catmint, Catnap, Catspaw, Catnip....etc..:D

Weird. "Catnip" is what I call the custom CMS I wrote for various local websites. :)

Torben

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I like Bill's layout: decisions like that are left to the designer of the enclosure.

Weird. "Catnip" is what I call the custom CMS I wrote for various local websites. :)

Torben
hi,

Catnip
That sounds 'furry enough' to me.:rolleyes:

I was thinking that Bill's pcb layout would 'fix' the position on the enclosure apertures.?

How about LightLink ?

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back