Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-60 Two Digit Minute Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgloyalty

First I'd like to say I'm not one to use forums and I'm sorry if this question is out of place for this one. But I'm hoping it will be simple to answer.

Really all I need is to find a 00-59 two digit minute counter. It doesn't really matter if it is 7-segments or any other kind of LED displayed counter. I'm good at the metal work around the piece, not the electronics in the counter. I'm looking for it to be around 5"W x 3"H but thats not important. I'm just looking for a place that I can buy something like this or, if it all comes in a kit, a place I can get a kit to make one. I've looked everywhere I know to look. I you can help, thank you. Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.

Thank you,
James

You need something ready-made or a kit, so I looked around and am wondering if you need it to reset from 59 back to 0 automatically. If not, what happens when it gets to 60?

Here is one kit that you might consider. You would have to cover up the hours digits:
**broken link removed** and scroll down to kit FK435.

Another approach is to get a counter kit, like this one:
**broken link removed**
and add a 1 hz pulse circuit to the input.

Another way to do it is to get a small microprocessor development board, like maybe this one:
SparkFun Electronics - 18 Pin PIC Development Board
and then wire in one of these circuits on to that board:

and then write a simple program that counts up on the displays at exactly 1 second per count. If this level of programming is too complicated, perhaps someone here could do it, or you might find a local technical school student who could do it. It is not a complex program to do. Nigel has a do-it-yourself PIC board that connects to the 7 segment LED board and he shows you how to wire it. It all starts here:

For your purposes, you will need to go through the first couple of tutorials and then go to tutorial 10. Or you can find an electronics student to do this for you at the local college, that might be easier and faster.

Last edited:
Thank you for the answers. I really appreciate it. A couple of these I can us for w bother project I'm doing so that's great! Bu this on doesn't seem to be that easily obtainable. Sorry if my question wasn't completely clear the first time...

What I'm looking for is literaly a Digital clock without the hour digit. It needs to go from 00 to 59 Automaticly and roll back over to 00 and repeat. Running on batteries would be awesome (if it can at all), and the size is actually kind of important. Give or take a little. .. I hope this is a little better. And if anyone knows of a place that can build this like a special order or if anyone can build it themselves I would gladly pay what it is it would cost.

Thank you again,
James

Thank you for the answers. I really appreciate it. A couple of these I can us for w bother project I'm doing so that's great! Bu this on doesn't seem to be that easily obtainable. Sorry if my question wasn't completely clear the first time...

What I'm looking for is literaly a Digital clock without the hour digit. It needs to go from 00 to 59 Automaticly and roll back over to 00 and repeat. Running on batteries would be awesome (if it can at all), and the size is actually kind of important. Give or take a little. .. I hope this is a little better. And if anyone knows of a place that can build this like a special order or if anyone can build it themselves I would gladly pay what it is it would cost.

Thank you again,
James
Here is one already built. I built it for external seconds display for a digital clock. It is a 0-59 counter that resets to 0. It was set up for seconds, but it will count form 0 to 59 and then reset. I have the schematic some displays and I can make it work on battery power. If you are interested send me a PM and we can work out the details.
Ned

Attachments

• seconds counter.png
    seconds counter.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 353
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back