Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Would like to have this circuit upgraded to use MOSFET's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ifoman,
Maybe something like this would work better. I'm guessing you just turn the coils on and off?

Attachments

• sw.png
    sw.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 158
ronv......... I cannot find the FET part number (IRF1441OZGPBF) anywhere in International Rectifier's listings. Do you have a suggested part that has the needed specs to work in this circuit?

Thank you.

Can you tell us the purpose of the circuit? Is it for providing a regulated voltage/current to the coils? Or are the coils just a convenient load for testing the supply? Or are the coils motor windings? Or........?

alec_t, been waiting for your "suggested circuit"....... input is a 14.5-15.0v frequency at 1.562 Khz. The purpose of this circuit is to provide the coils with regulated current.N-Channel-MOSFET-Circuit.png

Just to make sure.
You want to be able to set the current to say 1 amp or 5 amps using the input? If so what range of current at which voltages?

alec_t, been waiting for your "suggested circuit"....
Can't suggest one until we have a few more facts :).
We know the coil resistance (1.3Ω) but what is the inductance of each coil? Inductance may be a limiting factor on the current which can be reached with a 1.562kHz switching frequency.
Why that strangely precise switching frequency?
Is the 'regulated current' the peak current or the average DC value?
What is the waveshape of the input signal? Sinusoidal? Square? Brief pulses? ......?

Just to make sure.
You want to be able to set the current to say 1 amp or 5 amps using the input? If so what range of current at which voltages?

No........ as long as the FET's can pass a minimum of 40 amps without stress, things will be just fine.

The purpose of this circuit is to provide the coils with regulated current.
You want to be able to set the current to say 1 amp or 5 amps using the input?
No........ as long as the FET's can pass a minimum of 40 amps without stress
Are you regulating anything or just trying to turn the coils on and off at 1.562kHz??
And again why are you using that precise frequency?

OK. That circuit will work to switch them on and off at 1.5Khz. But like others, what's magic about the frequency?:wideyed:

OK. That circuit will work to switch them on and off at 1.5Khz. But like others, what's magic about the frequency?:wideyed:

Thank you for all your help ronv........ There is no "magic" with 1.5Khz.
You are the only one that offered a "circuit" to try and answered my question regarding the N-Channel circuit I last posted.
I don't think alec_t & 4pyros will ever suggest a circuit........:banghead: with them, it will always be another question and no suggestion.
The 2nd circuit you suggested also worked and I want to say thank you very much ronv.
Take care.

This thread can be closed now.

We were just trying to help, sorry you don't see it that way.
Most of us like all the details.
If for nothing else to help others with the same problem.
Seems you don't want to disclose the exact problem so we will not be able to refer anyone else to this thread in the future.
You seem somewhat selfish.
We have been around for years and take stock in the time we spend helping others.
Are you going to pay it forward? and help others on this forum? or just keep taking?

Last edited:
We were just trying to help, sorry you don't see it that way.
Most of us like all the details.
If for nothing else to help others with the same problem.
Seems you don't want to disclose the exact problem so we will not be able to refer anyone else to this thread in the future.
You seem somewhat selfish.
We have been around for years and take stock in the time we spend helping others.
Are you going to pay it forward? and help others on this forum? or just keep taking?

As I said........ got the help I needed from ronv. You don't need to refer anyone and if you think I'm selfish for rough fulling your feathers, then SO BE IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back