Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do I start??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmon

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question or not but here goes. I've had an idea for a product which involves a DVD-A player. I would like to be able to buy the circuitry wholesale and assemble it with some slight modification to it and to the case/housing. I'm not even sure if this sort of thing is possible. I am a business person but my business and electronics is about as far apart as east is from west. My partner nor myself know anything about electronics but we do know business. I am just investigating the feasibility of our idea. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Harmon

Your best bet is to buy a cheap DVD player and put it in your own box and even that won't be easy since the electronics will be designed to suit the enclosure.

A PC-based solution might be a better option because the parts are more generic. You do know that you don't even need to have a keyboard, mouse, hard drive etc. You can buy TV output cards, remote controls etc. and easily put the motherboard and power supply in your own case. Mini motherboards are available for embedded applications if size is a problem. The trouble is this needs some experience of software and PC hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back