Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats this part? >> Identifing a Colour LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all -
Just 'got' this LCD from work and I'd really appriciate if I could identify the thing. I've attached a photo of it and found some details on the module. If anyone needs any more info like a serial number of other strange things/dimensions/whatever please ask because I really want to get some info on it.

The model number is stuck on as a 'sticker' and reals "AL21" It apears to be a colour LCD module with a diagonal screen size of 1.5 inches. It has a white LED backlight, and on the flexiable PCB upon the LEDs are mounted is what appears to be a brand name - 'AMK' with the 'A' as a coloured in triangle. all the letters are in lower case.

I did some research on AMK LCD and the only thing that could be remotely related is a Korean samll LCD manufacturer band named 'AMK Tinny CO, LTD.' As with most Asian manufacturers, their website doen't work- as with this one. it is, however, amk-tinny.co.kr I tried contacting them but no avail. heres some info on them: EC21 - AMK CO., LTD - Company Info

Any thoughts? More photos available if requested. Thank-you!

Attachments

• amk.jpg
    amk.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 177
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 186
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 195
hi,
The righthandside picture is a 'Discovery Stereo Audio Preamp'.:confused:

Identifying and using surplus LCDs like the one you have is usually not worthwhile. The data tends to be very sketchy and if you do spend a month and get it working, you can't get anymore of them. Sorry I can't be more help.

BTW, the third picture appears to be a Dick Smiths Electronics Stereo Preamp.

Mike.

Have to agree here, your better of finding a LCDs' data-sheet then looking for the hardware when it comes to surplus..hehe

-BaC
Identifying and using surplus LCDs like the one you have is usually not worthwhile. The data tends to be very sketchy and if you do spend a month and get it working, you can't get anymore of them. Sorry I can't be more help.

BTW, the third picture appears to be a Dick Smiths Electronics Stereo Preamp.

Mike.

Also - a lot of you guys seem to recognise the DSE kit well. I built it and it works but there is a loud buzz (loud, loud. not background noise).

Everything has been checked and checked and checked. I'm pretty sure its connceted to power right, and the OP AMPS are OK.
I have temporary access to a scope, so just tell me where to test and hopefully I can get this sorted out. (i've spent quite a bit of time on it already.)

All help is appriciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back