Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't find transistor info or part

Serge 125

Hi all! Ok got this transistor to change but seem to hit a wall with this one, I can't find anything about it in the video that describes the problem it does identify it by saying "gate, source and drain" so I assume that this IS a transistor but can't seem to find any info or datasheets on it and no parts with the number on it but not sure how to read it too, do I need to add the 12 with the number or is it for something else? This comes from a t-con board and the video says to change this one after doing the test they did and mine is faulty but no more info on where to get it. Is there an equivalent to this part if any?

THANKS for any info!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2461 copy.jpg
    IMG_2461 copy.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 116
Well if it's identified by gate, source and drain, then it's an FET not what would usually be called just a 'transistor', but a field effect transistor.

But SM components often have numbers on them that can't be found, they are an absolute nightmare for trying to repair - and on a TCON, is quite likely to be either an obscure Chinese device, on an in-house number. The only way is to find it explained on a schematic or service manual - which you have no hope of finding for a T-Con board.

Does the video mention if it's n-channel or p-channel?.

This is all I can find:-

C0 AO3460 Alpha SOT-23 MOSFET n-type Sw-PWM, 60V, 650mA, 1.4W, Rds=1.7(10V), 5.3/19.7ns

AO3460 is the part number and Alpha the brand.

4A mostly comes out to a diode of some sort and C04A is an 8 pin voltage supervisor device.

Well if it's identified by gate, source and drain, then it's an FET not what would usually be called just a 'transistor', but a field effect transistor.

But SM components often have numbers on them that can't be found, they are an absolute nightmare for trying to repair - and on a TCON, is quite likely to be either an obscure Chinese device, on an in-house number. The only way is to find it explained on a schematic or service manual - which you have no hope of finding for a T-Con board.

Does the video mention if it's n-channel or p-channel?.
No it doesn't mention anything about an n-chanel or p the only thing that shows is the pic below;

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 11.13.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 11.13.42 PM.png
    491.2 KB · Views: 118
This is all I can find:-

C0 AO3460 Alpha SOT-23 MOSFET n-type Sw-PWM, 60V, 650mA, 1.4W, Rds=1.7(10V), 5.3/19.7ns

AO3460 is the part number and Alpha the brand.

4A mostly comes out to a diode of some sort and C04A is an 8 pin voltage supervisor device.
Where did you get that information??? I looked through google and I just got nothing. Hmm an 8 pin? It only has 3 pins on this one. (
C0 AO3460 Alpha SOT-23 MOSFET n-type Sw-PWM, 60V, 650mA, 1.4W, Rds=1.7(10V), 5.3/19.7ns) <-- Is this what I need to replace/order?

Where did you get that information??? I looked through google and I just got nothing. Hmm an 8 pin? It only has 3 pins on this one. (
https://smd.yooneed.one/ - one of the better SMD part # number search sites.

C0 AO3460 Alpha SOT-23 MOSFET n-type Sw-PWM, 60V, 650mA, 1.4W, Rds=1.7(10V), 5.3/19.7ns) <-- Is this what I need to replace/order?

That is hard to say without knowing more about what that part of the circuit does and if the fault on your board is exactly the same as the video you mention.

No it doesn't mention anything about an n-chanel or p the only thing that shows is the pic below;
Trace out the relevant part of the circuit, and you should be able to work out if it's n-channel or p-channel without too much bother. It should also give some kind of hint as to what power it might need to be capable of.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back