Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Warning siren for muay thai rounds, please any idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

I´m thai boxing trainer and I want to put a warning siren on the room of the gym where I give my classes. I´ve been looking electronic kits for timers but no one is giving me the options I want to have.

I would like to have a circuit, if possible working in AC, if not, that´s not so big problem, that when I trigger it then starts the siren for 3 seconds, then an adjustable time between 1 and 5 minutes without siren sound, when this time finishes again the siren starts for 3 seconds, then an adjustable time between 30 and 90 seconds, and then again the sequence.

I need this because I want a warning sound for the start and the end of the rounds, in theory it would be " 3 seconds `RING´ (Start)", "2 minutes round (without any sound of the siren to fight)", "3 seconds `RING´ (End)", "1 minute (without any sound of the siren to rest)", "3 seconds `RING´ (Start again), and then the same sequence again and again...

If you can give me some scheme or ideas about the design of the circuit or some IC to do that I would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Eh 2pac,
If you take a look at the current siliconchip magazine they have a kit that does a count down similar to a basketball countdown timer. It would be suitable to modify for your needs. Jaycar hold the copywright to the project and will be bringing out a kit in the near future.

hope this helps

Cheers Bryan1 :D

Hi Bryan,

finally I made it buying two 12Vdc sequencial timers modules where you can adjust the time for 2 independent outputs on each one, automatically one after the other on each module. I had to interconnect both modules so I had 4 relay outputs one switching the next one with a start and reset pushbuttons. The last state, 3 seconds output after the end of 1 minute output, I looped with the start signal for first state, 3 seconds output before 2 minutes round output start.
It works perfectly, the only problem was because I had to add two 12Vdc external relays more to activate the buzzers, I couldn´t use directly the output switches because there were problems with the grounds so I have to separate the ground signals for the activation of each module and for the activation of the buzzers.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back