Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any E-bikers out there?

schmitt trigger

Most Helpful Member
I love bicycles. Rode them for as long as I can remember.
But aging is unforgiving, and in the past couple of years I’ve found that I no longer have the stamina to keep the pace with the younger members of my bike club.

Thus I pulled the trigger and purchased an e-bike this Thanksgiving. So far I love it, but there is a technical detail I would like to elaborate.

This is related to the throttle control. The throttle rotation from stop to end stop is about 45 degrees.
But of those 45 degrees of rotation, only about 10 actually control the motor current.
The first 15 of travel, absolutely nothing happens. Then one has the 10 useful ones, and the last 20 it is always full throttle.

The pedal assist is similar. The smallest input from your legs and one gets full torque.

Makes it difficult to control the speed accurately. I contacted the vendor, and replied that this is the way it is. Get used to it.
Reminds me of the response of 2-stroke Motocross bikes. A very steep torque curve.

Any other e-bikers having similar experiences?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back