Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vref on 3.3V PIC18LF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, I will give it a go. I read up on op-amps for the last 2 hours, and they are actually very easy to use....don't know why I always avoided them...

Just one thing, my sensor will output 0-5V, so should I not keep a V divider to bring the max sensor output down to 2.5V, and run that 0-2.5 signal through the op-amp at unity gain? Should I buffer the 2.5V ref as well?

Please see the att jpg, does that look more or less right? Are the caps in the circuit required for the 7660 (like the caps with a 7805)?

Attachments

• Gyro-amp.JPG
    Gyro-amp.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Thanks for that, I will give it a go. I read up on op-amps for the last 2 hours, and they are actually very easy to use....don't know why I always avoided them...

Just one thing, my sensor will output 0-5V, so should I not keep a V divider to bring the max sensor output down to 2.5V, and run that 0-2.5 signal through the op-amp at unity gain? Should I buffer the 2.5V ref as well?

That's what the two resistors at the input of the opamp are doing, dividing the 5V down to 2.5V - they need to be both the same value, where did 430K come from?.

I don't know if you need to buffer the 2.5V or not, but I would presume not?.

Please see the att jpg, does that look more or less right? Are the caps in the circuit required for the 7660 (like the caps with a 7805)?

Yes, they are required, they are what makes the 7660 work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back