Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformerless power supply with only Live wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was unsuccessful here but they achieved some points that I can carry on and I will be successful for sure!
There are currently products in the market doing this so why we cannot do it?
It can be also a paid work if someone here do this for me please.

Hi,

In theory it definitely works, but you've got to weigh in the various requirements carefully to get it to actually work.
One of the main points is during the power supply charge time it has to charge up fast yet have enough energy to drive the circuit over the rest of the time period when the triac is 'on'.
The alternate method is to use a current transformer so that power can be obtained even when the triac is 'on' without stealing any phase angle time from the normal operation.

I know it was unsuccessful here but they achieved some points that I can carry on and I will be successful for sure!
There are currently products in the market doing this so why we cannot do it?

You can do it - but you don't design your dimmer and THEN try and figure out how to power it, it's an integral part of the design.

If you check the MicroChip application notes there's various stuff about dimmers etc. including how to power them.

I am here guys,
Thanks to all of you, especially MrAl, I've learnt a lot from him here!
It can only work properly with SMPS 5, 12v. Period.
It works great! And I can control it via my phone with snmp commands in the php code of the web page hosted.
The thing is it is all on the bench now and frozen for now cos I've got a new family member! A second dauther.
For all other people who just blame the inventors - why you're here posting useless comments? You're helping noone.

Ummn...clears throat...Melissa is like a Lethal Weapon :p

Hopefully HE..as in Boyfriend is aware of that....like handle with "especial care". Might go ballistic @ any time.
I want a chick like that....quite, reserved, happy. She is smiling that sweet smile of hers..

Then Dwang happens...like ...she kicks into action...coolest thing ever.

I remember a while back you Guys were in a Pub somewhere Nigel...somebody pissed her off...and...you wrote the result here before the Software change a while back....probably lost now...

All I can say is...awesome. I cant remember the whole saga...but she buckled knees and made fools of the people that thought chicks are "soft"...kicked ass left right and center...and if I remember correctly...you simply watched her in action....she sorted them out.

You remember it Nigel ?

Please tell Melissa to take a look @ tvtech here in Africa. Please don't let her marry anyone until she has met me. I might be 51 Years old....I am still a sport and you will like me too...

Heck, we can talk TV repairs until the cows come home. Then Melissa might get cross..and I would have to hide..

Just a thought. But a good one.

Regards,
tvtech

You know, I often used to look back on my posts from the night before..

I used to delete them. Not anymore. I rather keep them here and smile :)
As crazy as it sounds. Better that way. You all know I have bits and pieces missing in my head from time to time...and you all tolerate me :eek:

Then other days are better :). Some days I think I am quite "clever"...:woot:

Love you Guys,
tvtech

I remember a while back you Guys were in a Pub somewhere Nigel...somebody pissed her off...and...you wrote the result here before the Software change a while back....probably lost now...

All I can say is...awesome. I cant remember the whole saga...but she buckled knees and made fools of the people that thought chicks are "soft"...kicked ass left right and center...and if I remember correctly...you simply watched her in action....she sorted them out.

You remember it Nigel ?

I remember it well - she was only six at the time :D

The guy (who was totally innocent) just crumpled in a heap on the floor, don't know who he was, never seen him since either :p

Please tell Melissa to take a look @ tvtech here in Africa. Please don't let her marry anyone until she has met me. I might be 51 Years old....I am still a sport and you will like me too...

She has a Dutch boyfriend Mike, who's a nice lad, here's a picture of them recently near where I work.

Attachments

• Mike_Melissa.jpg
    Mike_Melissa.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 271
Thanks to those guys spending their time sharing the knowledge here.

Ibob could you please upload the most up to date schematic that you got it working?
Also what is the maximum current that you can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back