Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bench Power Supply

TheJay

Hey there, I have a number of projects where I want to convert battery powered stuff to mains/want to be able to test my projects as I work on them without connecting batteries to them.

At the moment for example, one of my projects involves 12v lights. I don't have any suitable batteries and would rather connect to a steady supply whilst testing.

I'm thinking about getting a bench power supply. What would I need to look out for? Can any deal with AC and DC? How many amps? Should I be looking at something supplying more than 12v? Can deal with series and parallel? I'd like something with a digital display.

Lab supplies are cheap these days with 3 digital displays for V, I , Pwr.

For free, you can find an old 350 W PC PSU with 12, 5, 3.3V

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back