Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Oscar Pistorius thread. Hero or Zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a small segment here in Australia on the international news. They really didn't make it sound good, there was no hint of "innocent until proven guilty".

Makes me wonder how on earth they are going to assemble a jury of unbiased people to try the case? :eek:

More coming out. Reeva's Joburg DAD. Reeva was like family : **broken link removed**

Much, much more to be revealed here. I am watching this case like a hawk. I hope nobody minds that I keep everyone up to speed here. For me, fascinating stuff. Not into Murder or anything...all I want is the truth. Hey, Oscar was my Hero. After all comes out...he could be classified as a Zero.

Fact remains...Reeva is Dead. I have been REALLY angry with people before....not a gun or weapon anywhere though. Thank God.

Otherwise, I might have used them/it. Not because of a Woman. Because of Stupidity in the Workplace....

Let me keep this thread on track though.....

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Makes me wonder how on earth they are going to assemble a jury of unbiased people to try the case? :eek:

Roman, in South Africa the verdict depends only on the Magistrate or Judge. We are not judged by our peers as in the USA. We do not have jury duty. That's in my mind why our system is so corrupt. Easy to bribe one person. Difficult to do so with (about 11~12 people?) in the jury.

Roman, in South Africa the verdict depends only on the Magistrate or Judge. We are not judged by our peers as in the USA. We do not have jury duty. That's in my mind why our system is so corrupt. Easy to bribe one person. Difficult to do so with (about 11~12 people?) in the jury.

Hi "Speed Chicken" ;)

I was waiting for your post before I explained any more. Only you know what "really happens" here.

After all, you know what it is all about...because you have been there. Experience is all.

Much like this Forum :)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:

Yes, that con work both ways.

Fortunately there is a "free press" so any corrupt judge comes to the surface, as long of course as the corrupting public want him to be caught, but often it suits them!

A jury is far easier to lead stray with emotions and suggestions, it is far harder to keep 12 people impartial and objective than it is one.

There is still an appeals process, there are still independent lawyers and advocates.

I prefer the jury system, but the system in SA is reasonably just compared with many countries.

Yes, you do have to experience it to know what it is like.

Roman, in South Africa the verdict depends only on the Magistrate or Judge. We are not judged by our peers as in the USA. We do not have jury duty.

Thank you! I had no idea. :)

Hi Guys.

Nothing interesting happened today. Therefore nothing to Report here.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hi,

I hate reading about this but do want to find out how this unfolds. From what i have read so far he's not looking too good, but unfortunately we dont even know what is true and what isnt yet (for example the head bashing is said to not have been true). Some people who have known him are to come forward so we'll have to see what they say and if it is true.
Some people tend to violence but it takes a special nastiness to shoot someone on purpose rather than just punch them or kick them, but one person does claim that he threatened to break their legs, if that's true.

Athletes have high hormone levels and low bodyfat levels, both give a tendency toward high excitation and aggression (which is a big part of their high athletic performance).

So it's common to get incidents where an athlete makes a scene or threatens someone etc. I'm not sure that directly equates to "a higher probability of shooting someone". More likely "a higher probability of punching someone in the face".

The public and press will look for any indication that he is "not nice" and use that as bigoted justification for a belief that he is guilty of deliberately shooting his girl, but there is not really a strong correlation between someone being "not nice" and being a murderer.

The case should stand on the actual facts of the shooting, and not be a popularity contest!

Hi all

Oscars next Court appearance is June 4. I am only going to update then because all other silly stuff is happening with the Press here trying to make this into a Political thing etc. Waste of time updating till then.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi,

June 4th, wow, i wont care anymore by that time :)

There's already been jokes about the lack of feet on the TV with some comedians. Im surprised to see them joking so soon. I wont give them the publicity though by quoting them here!

Seriously though i hope they can at least get to the bottom of this during the proceedings.

I'm curious. How are they trying to make it political, and who is doing so?

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Outcry-at-Xingwanas-Afrikaner-comments-20130227

This ID10T minister of the ruling ANC government now combs all white men with the same brush. She forgets that 95% of this country's TAX revenue comes from these white men. If they don't want me here, then arrange for me to leave. I think I could enjoy life in Vancouver. Not too cold as we here in sunny South Africa don't really know what snow is???

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Outcry-at-Xingwanas-Afrikaner-comments-20130227

This ID10T minister of the ruling ANC government now combs all white men with the same brush. She forgets that 95% of this country's TAX revenue comes from these white men. If they don't want me here, then arrange for me to leave. I think I could enjoy life in Vancouver. Not too cold as we here in sunny South Africa don't really know what snow is???

That is why I was going to leave the thread update till June 4.

This absolutely useless ANC will try ANYTHING to take the spotlight off them.....and Focus the attention rather on something else.
So they can continue plundering, stealing.

Only people that live here know that. Like you and I SPDCHK.

Enough said. Next update June 4.

I will revive this thread even if buried on June 4.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
That is why I was going to leave the thread update till June 4.

This absolutely useless ANC will try ANYTHING to take the spotlight off them.....and Focus the attention rather on something else.
So they can continue plundering, stealing.

Only people that live here know that. Like you and I SPDCHK.

This Sangoma who chirps here lives in these places....Location: Cagayan de Oro RoP, or Coventry UK, or Howick RSA. Not PERMANENTLY here......

Enough said. Next update June 4.

I will revive this thread even if buried on June 4.

In the meantime.....be good. Please :) On yeah.....ignore Idiots who comment when they don't know what the hell they are talking about.....no matter how old they are. They are the worst kind.........

Especially when they are talking Politics that they know nothing about. Hope you get it Sangoma. I really don't have time for you.

Regards,
tvtech

Sorry to burst your little bubble, I lived there permanently for 32 years, my family is still there.

I'm sure you won't have any time for me, or anyone who tries to add some balance to your verkrampte views. Fortunately, although most will admit SA has its share of problems, you are in a minority in the way you blab about it.

I get the impression that maybe if you had a little less liquid nutrition, and had a good look around you, you could be a lot more constructive towards improving the situation in SA.

By the way, I worked with politicians every day, and met many senior ones more than once, and as bad as they seem in the media, most of them are very pleasant chatting to, and are more than willing to be friends with those who disagree with their party's politics.

I will continue to comment on your posts, if that doesn't suit you, then the alternative is obvious. "get it"????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back