Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Oscar Pistorius thread. Hero or Zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Matt,

Another account :) with less detail yet. We need more detail, the exact statement made by him. We also need a forensics report on the bathroom.

The excuse i was going to suggest for not checking FIRST if his gal was in bed was maybe he panicked. But he doesnt mention being frightened until later when he realizes that it might be his girlfriend right? It seems the first thing anyone would do is extend their arm over to the other side of the bed to feel if there is a warm body there or not.

I cant wait to hear more about this story.

Yeah, huffingtonpost is horrible when it comes to details. However, it IS another account, so it at least backs up certain things that were already stated.

I agree though, we need a LOT more detail.

Hi again Matt,

You might want to recheck that post as i updated it significantly :)

Hi Guys

Never mind all above....

Reeva liked fast cars. Oscar owned a Nissan GT R......Best of Nissan.

Now it is coming out. A guy by the name of Francois Hougaartt...SMS.d her......just prior to to her being killed....He had just purchased a really cool Audi.

This Hougaartt was at her Funeral. Lot's more to come out here. Surprise atttendant or what??

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013...layer-pistorius-case_n_2712884.html?ir=Sports

Lots of crap to come still.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi,

Yes, John Cleese (from Monty Python) made the same comment as a "tweet" and received a lot of thumbs down for it from other members.
As Jeff Ross would say (aka The Burn) it's "too soon" to joke about this matter. South Park also had an episode that made some remarks about how much time has to pass before we can joke about something, and they were then joking about AIDS.

Last edited:
Hi again Matt,

You might want to recheck that post as i updated it significantly :)

Read it and I agree wholeheartedly. These new facts are very interesting. He's definitely beginning to look more and more guilty, every story I see....

Guilty.

He hasn't gat a leg to stand on!

He has legs, that's how he ran in the Olympics:p

Edit: She was on fast track in her career, she was living in his limelight, she was gaining momentum, while his was slowing down.

Last edited:
Just because he has no feet as we would define them he does have stubs below his knees which makes it possible for him to have prosthetic walking feet which means he would be by no means confined to wheel chair around home or otherwise.

I knew a guy who was missing both feet, one foot at the ankle joint and the other just below the knee and I never realized both were fake for almost two years until he took his feet off one day to change his shoes! :eek:

Up until then I had only known he was in a motorcycle accident as a teen, some 20+ years before I ever knew him, and had some leg damage which accounted for the slightly stiff walk and gate.

So yes I would believe he could be fully mobile and capable of as much movement as anyone else including chasing someone if needed.

OK, silly comments aside (I know it is as old as the hills, but someone had to say it) there are things that don't add up.

A couple of them, when you hear a noise, you don't jump up, you lie still, very still, as if you were still asleep, because if the intruder is standing over you, his bullet is going to hit you before you can pull the trigger.

Who would shoot through a door, unless you knew where on the other side the target would be, and that they did not have a firearm? If the person was in the wrong place, they could return fire and would have a better chance of hitting you being close to the door.

He went back to the bed and noticed her missing before he checked what he was shooting at??? (though the way this was put could be press distortion)

It will be easy to show what the cricket bat hit, door, head or both.

Of course he is full of grief, he wanted to keep her, and being told on Valentines day she was leaving would have triggered his rage (guesswork, but just the kind of thing a woman may do for added cred)

Even in gated compounds, most windows in SA have bars on them, which would make some noise when cutting, though wrapped with rags and cut with bolt cutters the job can be quiet.

Why would someone break into the bathroom? They would know it must be near a bedroom, even if the bathroom window was shielded from view, there would be a far greater risk of being discovered. Though, most determined criminals in SA would not think anything of disposing of anyone who got in their way.

Speculation is wrong, but then we are being given plenty to speculate on. Trouble is that the info is being given to a worldwide audience, most of whom are speculating on standards and perceptions foreign to SA.

Every time you hear a new bit of information, it makes the whole story seem more wrong, I think he will have a hard time proving his innocence.

It's also a little strange that someone would shoot at the door rather than wait to see what was going on inside. I would think there would have been audible clues such as running water (yeah someone broke in to use the sink to wash up ha ha) or a closing cabinet door, or other normal bathroom sounds i wont mention :) or even just silence, as opposed to hearing glass breaking or whispering, etc.

Yeah that doesn't sound right. There's no way I would shoot through a door of my house at "a noise" knowing my woman was home and that I did not know where she was. That's just plain stupid.

He didnt bother to give a warning either like "I have a gun".

I don't think you need a warning, if someone breaks into your house you just kill them it's your god given right. But you DO need to make sure it's not a family member making a noise behind a door!

So there's evidence she was leaving him? Any evidence yet she was having an affair?

Hi guys

Here is the link to his full affidavit: **broken link removed**

Regards,
tvtech

Hello again,

Roman:
Agreed, there are various ways to look at this. In a dangerous place like that it may be "shoot first and ask questions later". That's not how i would have done it though. But then i would have checked the bed first anyway.

All:
In light of the new link by tvtech i think that makes it a little more clear what happened according to him. The "toilet" has a separate door from the "bathroom". So the bathroom door can be opened and that's how he saw the open window. So i have to wonder now why he would think someone would sneak through the bathroom window and then hide in the toilet room, rather than come out into the house as that would seem like an intruders intention. I suppose there's no good answer to this.

So i think that this new 'true' statement made by him makes him look a little bit better, but i'd like to hear what he has to say about why he didnt check the bed FIRST. If my lady was simply in the house i would be afraid to shoot into the totally unknown unless i knew for sure she was safe. I think his defense to that will be that he was in panic mode so he wasnt thinking clearly.

All i can say now is i'd hate to be in his..., well, let me rephrase that, i'd hate to be him right now.

Hello again,

All i can say now is i'd hate to be in his..., well, let me rephrase that, i'd hate to be him right now.

Hi MrAl

Only two people know/knew what really happened that night/morning. And one of them is dead now.

Tragic stuff.

Oscar is being hammered by all and sundry. NIKE and OAKLEY have abandoned him. He has been accused of using steroids etc, etc. The press are having a field day here too reporting this.

I will not judge. That is the courts job.

May the truth be revealed.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hi guys

The "witness" that testified that they were shouting and fighting that night/morning....lives 600M away. Bat ears definitely. Or a stalker?
The same "witness" said the lights were on....also from 600M. Excellent night vision too. Or a stalker?.

More here: **broken link removed**

Anyway.....Wednesday is slow. Be good folks. More updates Tomorrow.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
The "witness" that testified that they were shouting and fighting that night/morning....lives 600M away. Bat ears definitely. Or a stalker?
The same "witness" said the lights were on....also from 600M. Excellent night vision too. Or a stalker?.

Not really. Where I live I have one point of line of site to a house that is very close to a mile from me and on a clear night I can easily see if the lights are on inside or not. Let me use my binoculars and I could probably tell you who is standing at the window too! Or to take it even further let me use my telescope withe the spotting lens on it in the day time and I will tell you if their cat is outside or not!

Same with sound out here. My brothers place is around half a mile away and I can easily hear my nieces playing with their friends when its calm out or the wind is light and coming in the direction from his place toward mine so I would say that if the conditions where right hearing two adults shouting at each other from 600 meters would not be unreasonable.

My hearing and sight are good but not above average by any means.:p

Hi tcm

600M. That is more than half a Kilometer away. For me, a long way.

Never mind the nearby neighbors...they heard nothing. saw nothing...and reported nothing......in an Exclusive Golf Estate ??

Surely :rolleyes:

Somefing
does not add up (spelling intentional).

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Surely

Somefing does not add up (spelling intentional).

In the realm of the rich and famous it rarely does. :rolleyes:

Oh well, Oscar Pistorius has been granted bail: https://mg.co.za/article/2013-02-22-oscar-pistorius-bail

R1000000. A hell of a lot of money: https://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2013/02/22/pistorius-gets-r1-million-bail-amid-questions

Anyway, he is not perceived to be a person who will run amok. Or run away.

I know one thing though: there is not ONE woman in this World that knows about this Case that will be prepared to spend any time with Oscar without other people nearby. Excluding his own family members of course.

Tragic mistake or not. Reeva is dead. And he must answer for that.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back