Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tamiya Gearbox bushings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
If you have not assembled a Tamiya gearbox you may not be interested in this post.

While assembling a Tamiya double gearbox I noticed the grease used between the axle and brass bushing was quite stiff. Enough so that the bushing wanted to turn with the axle.

Was I right about this. Perhaps a wee bit of super glue or even a bit of the grease on the outside of the bearing would keep it from turning in the case. Or may light machine oil to lube the axle.

I've started using very little grease with those gearboxes. I've also started using Tamiya Cermaic Grease instead of the stuff that comes with the gearboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back