Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending a signal through IR

Your question is way too broad. It has so little information that there are dozens of ways to do what you want, or hundreds of pre-assembled modules to choose from.

What is it that you are trying to achieve?

What power sources are available for the transmitter and receiver?

What is the maximum range you need to cover?

Do you want to design and build circuits from scratch, or buy modules and wire them together?

ak

I think I misspoke, I'm looking for a device that transmits an IR laser with the ON command so when a receiver comes in contact with it it turns that device on

Much better.

Does it have to be a laser, or can it be a narrow-beam LED?

Range?

Power?

Do you already have the receiver?

ak

I think I misspoke, I'm looking for a device that transmits an IR laser with the ON command so when a receiver comes in contact with it it turns that device on

Another key question is:

The "Receiver" - is that something you want to build to for this job - or is is an existing device that has an IR remote control??

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back